Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fire in the Hole!!!

All I wanted was a baked apple, I didn't think that was too much to ask. Apparently it was! I will admit to having my blonde moments, but not this time. I truely blame it on the cultural difference between the US and England. In our kitchen for 8 people we have 2 kitchen sets, 2 what look like ovens on both sides. Well I learned now the top oven looking thing is a grill, that when it is used-the door must be opened. Ask me if I think that is a safe thing to have in a college dorm and I would say no. Again, all I wanted was a baked apple. The knob does say dual grill with the coiling at the the top, but we have that on our oven at home. I thought the dual grill was like our convection oven, either way the apple was not in the oven for more than 2 minutes at MAX! When I saw the fire, I immediately told Cameron, my flat-mate and he extinquished it with the CO2. Then the warden came and laughed at me, and was like apparently in the US they don't teach common sense. I remind him we don't have grills in doors, and we definitely don't have grills you have to leave the door open.... This is just my luck, I really am a good cook

No comments:

Post a Comment